ASHEVILLE, N.C. (March 4, 2020) – As always, Mission Health is working continually to help ensure we remain a safe place to work and provide care. At this time, we currently have no confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) at any Mission Health facility.
To protect our patients and staff, Mission Health is actively reducing visitors to Mission Hospital in a variety of ways:
- We are screening all patients and visitors upon entering Mission Hospital
- We will be limiting access to Mission Hospital beginning at 7 pm (instead of the usual 9 pm) until to 5 am daily
- During limited access, patients and visitors will need to use either Entrance 1 or 4
- From 5 am to 7 pm the following entrances will be open: Entrances 1, 2, 4, 9 and 10
- Recommending no visitors younger than 12
These updates are meant to keep our colleagues, patients and visitors healthy. Screenings and access restrictions are also in place at all Mission Health regional hospitals and CarePartners. We want to ensure that we remain a continual resource for the communities we serve and are committed to delivering the most effective care with the best possible results.
As a reminder to protect yourself and prevent the spread of illnesses:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are ill
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
- Practice good hand hygiene by washing your hands often, using either soap and water or alcohol-based hand gel for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
ABOUT MISSION HEALTH